Committees of the Board
The Chairman of the Board of Directors shall appoint members of the board to serve on standing committees to consider and make recommendations to the board concerning the business policies and activities of the EAA. Committee meetings are held in the EAA’s Board Room at 900 East Quincy, San Antonio, Texas 78215.
For meeting details and documents, please visit our meetings page.
The standing committees of the board are as follows:
- Executive Committee: Sets the agenda for the board and, when prudent, considers and makes recommendations on issues within the jurisdiction of other committees that are unable to meet or establish a quorum in order to efficiently and expeditiously transact the business of the EAA. On occasion, the Executive Committee serves as the Legislative Committee of the EAA.
- Aquifer Management Planning Committee: Considers and makes recommendations on matters relating to the Critical Period Management Plan; new supply sources; implementation of alternative management practices, procedures and methods; otherstrategies for achieving the mandates of the EAA Act; water quality; and recharge issues.
- Finance/AdministrativeCommittee: Is chaired by the treasurer of the board and considers and makes recommendations on matters relating to internal fiscal operations; audit activities; budget; all fees; management policies and oversight; internal organization and oversight; employee policies and benefits; public information; EAA Bylaw review; General Counsel and other legal services; and meeting procedures.
- Permits Committee: Considers and makes recommendations on matters relating to the regulation of Edwards groundwater withdrawal permits and other matters relating to monitoring, reporting and metering of Edwards groundwater use.
- Research & Technology Committee: Considers and makes recommendations on matters relating to the collection and development of scientific data; the technological assessment of alternative management practices, procedures and methods; and technical studies.
The chairman of the board of directors may, from time to time, appoint members of the board to serve on ad hoc committees to consider and make recommendations to the board concerning matters of interest to the EAA.