Groundwater Quality Monitoring Plan Edwards Aquifer Authority
Water quality data provide the primary indicator of the state of water quality in the Edwards Aquifer, and are a key component in assessing its general condition. Water quality samples also provide the primary source of data for understanding and monitoring contaminant loading and migration in the Aquifer. This plan includes sections on data quality objectives (DQOs), sampling programs, analytical methods, field procedures, activities of other agencies, and guidelines for annual plan review.
The purpose of this plan is to provide a guidance document that ensures useful, consistent and defensible water quality data are produced by implementing appropriate procedures and methods when collecting and analyzing water quality samples. Water quality samples are currently collected under five sampling programs at the Edwards Aquifer Authority (the Authority). Data quality requirements vary by program and are discussed in Sections 2 and 3. The water quality sampling programs currently undertaken by the Authority are:
• Routine Water Quality Sampling
The purpose of this plan can be achieved by implementation of the objectives listed below and discussed in detail herein. Each staff member charged with the responsibility of collecting water quality samples should be familiar with this plan, and the objectives and procedures outlined in it. The objectives of this plan are:
• Obtain quality data that are defensible for their intended purpose.
• Analyze field samples in an appropriate and consistent manner such that the results are accurate, and repeatable.
• Collect samples for laboratory analysis in an appropriate and consistent manner that will ensure accurate and reliable analytical results with a minimal amount of anomalous data.
• Select sample sites and time periods that will provide representative water quality data, for a range of aquifer conditions.
• Review and revise the plan on an annual basis as needed.
Search for Documents
Explore EAA's Scientific Reports
- All Reports
- Geomorphology and Caves
- Weather Modification
- Water Use and Conservation
- Water Resources Planning and Management
- Floods and Drought
- Water Quality
- Surface Water / Groundwater Relationship
- Springs, Groundwater Discharge
- RZ Protection
- Aquifer Levels
- Remote Sensing
- Overview Studies
- Hydrology and Hydrogeology
- Groundwater Recharge, Recharge Zone
- Groundwater Movement