Mission, Vision, Core Values
The mission of the EAA is to Manage, Enhance and Protect the Edwards Aquifer.
The Edwards Aquifer Authority is a regional water management agency that regulates with integrity, transparency, respect, and commitment to sustainability of the aquifer.
The core values of the EAA are aspirational statements of how the people that comprise the agency view themselves and their role within the mission and vision of the organization. These core values, identified by staff through a deliberative and shared process, speak to standards of self-imposed accountability and expectation in attitude and conduct, which are to be demonstrated in the EAA’s daily work. They are not descriptions of the work itself or the strategies employed to accomplish the overall mission, but they serve as foundational guideposts for how the EAA will go about accomplishing its work. The EAA core values underlie the agency’s work, setting ideals of how staff will interact with each other, with customers and stakeholders and with the diverse communities that their work touches every day.
- Collaboration — We are interactive, diverse, and inclusive in everything we do.
- Creativity — We allow for and foster innovation in ideas and practices that lead to solutions in an ever-changing world.
- Integrity — We exhibit trust, honesty, transparency, and accountability at all times.
- Professionalism — We pursue excellence, respect others, and communicate effectively with those we serve, both internally and externally.
- Science Based — Science drives and motivates our mission.
- Stewardship — We manage, protect, and enhance the Edwards Aquifer system to ensure its long-term sustainability for the benefit of all users and uses of the resource.